How to Learn Singing “2 Poor Kids” by Ruth B
Learning to sing a particular song involves understanding the unique vocal techniques used in the song, practicing effectively, and utilizing helpful resources. In this article, we will guide you through how to learn singing “2 Poor Kids” by Ruth B, highlighting the distinctive vocal technique used in the song and providing practical advice along the way.
Understanding the Vocal Technique
“2 Poor Kids” showcases Ruth B’s emotive and intimate vocal style. One notable vocal technique used in this song is a controlled use of breathiness. This breathiness adds a vulnerable and expressive quality to Ruth B’s singing. It’s important to note that while breathiness can be a stylistic choice, it should be used strategically and not throughout the entire song.
To achieve this controlled breathiness in your own rendition of “2 Poor Kids,” focus on maintaining a relaxed throat and using smooth breath control. Sing with intention and a gentle release of air to create a delicate, breathy tone when necessary. Experiment with different levels of breathiness and find the balance that suits your voice best while staying true to the emotion of the song.
Practical Advice for Learning the Song
Here are some practical tips to help you learn “2 Poor Kids” effectively:
- Analyze Your Voice: Before diving into learning the song, take some time to analyze your voice. Singing Carrots offers a helpful article on how to analyze your voice that can guide you in understanding your vocal range, strengths, and areas for improvement.
- Warm-Up and Breath Control: Begin your practice session with vocal warm-up exercises to prepare your voice. Singing Carrots has an interactive Pitch Training tool that includes warm-up exercises and pitch visualization to help you train your breath control.
- Focus on Pronunciation and Articulation: Pay attention to the pronunciation and articulation of the lyrics in “2 Poor Kids.” Clear and precise enunciation allows you to convey the song’s message effectively. Singing Carrots provides an informative article on articulation that offers tips and exercises to improve your clarity while singing.
- Embrace Emotion: “2 Poor Kids” is an emotionally-driven song. Connect with the lyrics and try to convey the depth of the story through your voice. Singing Carrots’ article on singing with intuition, skills, emotion, and thinking offers valuable insights on bringing emotion into your performance.
Relevant Singing Carrots Resources
Singing Carrots provides a range of resources to support your learning process. Here are some helpful links to enhance your singing journey:
- Vocal Range Test: Take the vocal range test to determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Pitch Accuracy Test: Use the pitch accuracy test to assess your pitch accuracy while singing melodies.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano with the Vocal Pitch Monitor.
- Pitch Training: Engage in interactive vocal warm-ups, pitch visualization, and exercises to enhance your range and agility.
- Song Search: Search for songs that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preferences.
- Artist Vocal Ranges: Discover the vocal ranges of over 5000 famous singers.