How to Learn Singing “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella 
If you’ve ever dreamt of singing like a Disney princess, then “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” from the movie Cinderella  is the perfect song for you! This enchanting song, sung by the character Cinderella herself, is filled with hope, magic, and the belief that dreams can come true.
Understanding the Song
Before diving into learning the song, it’s helpful to analyze its musical and lyrical elements. “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” features a beautiful melody with a moderate tempo and a range that suits most voices. The song is primarily in the key of C major.
One of the unique vocal techniques used in this song is the emphasis on clear and expressive storytelling through the lyrics. The song requires you to convey the emotions of hope, longing, and determination, while maintaining a smooth and controlled vocal delivery.
Notably, the use of legato, or smooth and connected phrasing, is important in this song to maintain the flowing and dreamy quality of the melody.
In terms of vocal range, “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” sits comfortably within a moderate range, making it accessible for most singers. However, it does require some control and precision in navigating certain intervals.
It’s worth noting that the song’s vocal technique is commonly found in other popular Disney songs, such as “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid and “Let It Go” from Frozen.
To effectively learn and master “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes,” Singing Carrots provides a range of resources to support your journey:
- Start by taking the Vocal Range Test to determine your vocal range. This will help you identify the appropriate key for the song.
- For improving your pitch accuracy, try the Pitch Accuracy Test. It will help you assess and refine your pitch control skills.
- The Vocal Pitch Monitor tool is an excellent resource to visually see the notes you sing on a virtual piano, enabling you to stay on pitch.
- Engage in the Pitch Training program, which includes vocal warm-ups, exercises for range and agility, and a pitch visualizer to refine your vocal technique.
- Utilize the song search feature on Singing Carrots, accessible here, to find songs that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preference. This will help you expand your repertoire and explore similar songs.
- To gain inspiration and understand vocal techniques, explore the vocal ranges of famous singers. This will provide valuable insights into how different artists approach their singing.
- Consider enrolling in the comprehensive singing course offered by Singing Carrots. This 21-lesson program covers singing theory, practical tips, and exercises that can enhance your overall singing abilities.
Now that you have the resources at your disposal, here are some practical tips to help you learn and perform “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”:
- Start by familiarizing yourself with the melody and lyrics of the song. Listen to the original version of the song and pay attention to the phrasing and emotional nuances.
- Break down the song into smaller sections and practice them individually. Focus on nailing the pitch, rhythm, and dynamics of each section before putting them together.
- Utilize the vocal warm-up exercises provided in the Singing Carrots resources to prepare your voice before practicing the song.
- Work on your breath support and control using the techniques explained in the Singing Carrots articles, such as Breath Support.
- Open your mouth and throat while singing, as explained in the article Open Mouth & Throat.
- Learn effective techniques for learning a song from the article How to Learn a Song Effectively.