Singing a particular song can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience. In this article, we will explore how to learn singing “All I Want Is You” by Barry Louis Polisar. This charming love song showcases unique vocal techniques and provides an excellent opportunity to practice various singing skills.
- Artist: Barry Louis Polisar
- Song: All I Want Is You
Unique Vocal Technique:
“All I Want Is You” features a gentle and storytelling vocal style. To capture the essence of this song, it is essential to focus on conveying emotions through your voice. Emphasize the heartfelt lyrics and the longing for love. This song also provides an excellent platform to showcase a sweet and tender vibrato, adding depth and warmth to your vocal performance.
Popular Songs with Similar Vocal Technique:
The unique vocal technique used in “All I Want Is You” can be heard in other popular songs, such as:
- “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes
- “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds
- “Such Great Heights” by The Postal Service
Practical Tips for Learning the Song:
- Analyzing Your Voice: Before diving into learning the song, it’s essential to understand your vocal range, voice type, and vocal capabilities. Take our Vocal Range Test to assess your range and compare it with famous singers’ vocal ranges.
- Breathing and Vocal Warm-ups: Proper breath support is crucial for singing this song effectively. Explore our article on breathing basics and incorporate breathing exercises into your vocal warm-up routine. You can start with the Farinelli Breathing exercise.
- Pitch Accuracy: Work on your pitch accuracy by trying out our Pitch Accuracy Test. This will help you strengthen your pitch perception and ensure you stay on key while singing.
- Emotional Connection: Connect with the lyrics and dive into the emotions of the song. Incorporate the advice from our article on singing with intuition, skills, emotion, and thinking. Use the video on Relaxing Breath to help you relax and express the emotions in your performance.
- Articulation and Diction: Pay close attention to articulation to ensure clear pronunciation of the lyrics. Check out our article on articulation for practical tips.
Utilize Singing Carrots Resources:
Singing Carrots offers various tools and resources that can greatly assist you in learning “All I Want Is You” and improving your overall singing skills:
- Song Search: Use our song search feature to find songs matching your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preference.
- Artist Vocal Ranges: Explore our database of over 5000 famous singers’ vocal ranges to gain insights into different vocal techniques. Visit the Artist Vocal Ranges section.
- Song-book: Create your performance setlist, and access linked lyrics, sheet music, chords, karaoke tracks, and YouTube audio for “All I Want Is You” and other songs. Start building your song-book here.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Use our Vocal Pitch Monitor to visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano and fine-tune your pitch accuracy.