How to Learn Singing Bon Jovi’s “Always”
Bon Jovi’s “Always” is a powerful rock ballad that requires strong vocal technique to convey the emotion and deliver an engaging performance. In this article, we will explore the unique vocal technique used in the song and provide practical advice on how to learn and master it. We will also mention other popular songs that utilize similar vocal techniques and recommend relevant resources from Singing Carrots.
The Vocal Technique: Belting
“Always” showcases the vocal technique known as belting. Belting is a powerful and intense singing style commonly used in rock and pop music. It involves singing with a strong chest voice resonance, producing a loud and robust sound that cuts through the instrumentation.
Learning the Song
To learn “Always” effectively, follow these steps:
- Analyze Your Voice: Understand your voice type and vocal range. This article on voice types will help you.
- Warm-Up and Breathing: Before diving into the song, warm up your voice with exercises like the Farinelli Breathing and focus on proper breath support. Check out this article on breath support for more guidance.
- Study the Song: Analyze the melody, lyrics, and structure of “Always.” This article on how to analyze your voice will provide helpful insights.
- Vocal Technique: Focus on developing a strong chest voice and mastering the belting technique. Singing exercises like the Singing Comfort Zone can help you reinforce this technique.
- Practice with the Vocal Pitch Monitor: Use the Vocal Pitch Monitor to visually see your pitch accuracy while singing. This will aid in refining your performance.
- Refine Your Performance: Pay attention to your articulation, pronunciation, and emotional expression. The resources on articulation and singing with emotion will be beneficial.
Other Songs Utilizing Belting Technique
Belting technique is used in various popular songs. Here are a few examples:
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
- “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
- “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey
Singing Carrots Resources
Singing Carrots offers several resources to support your journey in learning and mastering “Always” and other songs:
- Use the Vocal Range Test to determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Improve your pitch accuracy with the Pitch Accuracy Test.
- Practice and monitor your pitch using the Vocal Pitch Monitor.
- Explore the Song Search feature to find songs that match your vocal range and genre preference.
- Discover the vocal ranges of famous singers with the Artist Vocal Ranges database.
- Create your performance set with the Song Book feature, which provides lyrics and chords for various songs.