How to Learn Singing “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer
Learning how to sing a specific song can be a rewarding experience, and if you’re a fan of 5 Seconds of Summer, “Amnesia” is a great song to start with. In this article, we’ll break down the steps to learn and master this emotional and catchy track.
Vocal Technique: Breath Control and Emotional Expression
“Amnesia” is known for its heartfelt lyrics and emotional delivery. To sing this song effectively, you need to focus on two key vocal techniques: breath control and emotional expression.
Breath control is crucial to maintain consistent vocal support throughout the song. Start by practicing deep diaphragmatic breathing to engage your core muscles and support your voice. Singing Carrots offers a breath support article and a twang exercise video that can help you develop strong breath control.
Emotional expression is another important aspect of singing “Amnesia.” The song carries a sense of vulnerability and longing, so make sure to convey these emotions through your vocal delivery. Sing with authenticity and try to connect with the lyrics on a personal level. Singing Carrots has an article on finding your own authentic voice that can guide you in expressing your emotions through singing.
Learning the Song: Step-by-Step Guide
Here is a step-by-step guide to learning and mastering “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer:
- Start by listening to the original song multiple times to familiarize yourself with the melody, lyrics, and overall feel of the song.
- Once familiar with the song, practice the vocal warm-up exercises provided in the Singing Carrots Pitch Training section. These exercises will help you warm up your voice and improve your pitch accuracy.
- Use the Singing Carrots Vocal Pitch Monitor tool to visualize and practice singing the notes of the song accurately. This tool will help you identify and correct any pitch issues.
- Sing through the song section by section, focusing on the breath control and emotional expression techniques mentioned earlier. Pay attention to the dynamics, phrasing, and subtle nuances in the original performance.
- If you need help with vocal range, the Singing Carrots Vocal Range Test can assess your range and suggest appropriate key adjustments if needed.
- To enhance your understanding of the unique vocal technique used in “Amnesia,” you can explore the Singing Carrots article on Pop/Jazz vs Classical singing and how it relates to the song.
Similar Songs and Further Exploration
“Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer showcases a powerful vocal performance, and its unique vocal technique can be found in other popular songs as well. Here are a few songs that also feature similar vocal techniques:
- “She Will Be Loved” by Maroon 5
- “Someone Like You” by Adele
- “Apologize” by OneRepublic
Exploring these songs can further enhance your understanding of the vocal technique used in “Amnesia” and expand your repertoire of emotional and expressive singing.
Track Your Progress
As you practice singing “Amnesia” and working on your vocal technique, it’s important to track your progress. Singing Carrots provides a progress statistics feature that allows you to monitor your improvement over time. You can also take advantage of the Singing Carrots article on vocal health to ensure you’re taking good care of your voice.