How to Learn Singing “Believer” by Imagine Dragons
“Believer” by Imagine Dragons is an energetic and powerful song that requires a strong vocal technique to convey its emotions effectively. In this article, we will explore the unique vocal technique used in the song and provide practical advice on how to learn and master it.
The Vocal Technique:
One of the key vocal techniques used in “Believer” is belting. Belting is a powerful singing technique that involves singing with a chest-dominant voice in the higher range. It is characterized by a strong, resonant sound that cuts through the music. This technique is commonly used in rock and pop music to add intensity and emotion to the vocals.
How to Learn the Technique:
To learn how to belt like the lead singer of Imagine Dragons in “Believer,” it is essential to develop proper breath support, vocal control, and resonance. Here are some practical steps to help you master this technique:
- Warm-up: Start your practice session with a vocal warm-up to prepare your voice. You can use the Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training tool for vocal warm-ups and exercises.
- Breathing: Focus on improving your breath support by practicing exercises that promote proper diaphragmatic breathing. Singing Carrots’ article on breath support provides valuable insights and exercises to help you develop a strong breath control.
- Resonance: Work on enhancing your resonance by practicing exercises that focus on creating space in your mouth, throat, and nasal cavity. Singing Carrots’ article on resonance in singing offers techniques to improve your vocal tone and projection.
- Articulation: Pay attention to your articulation and diction while singing, as clear pronunciation is essential for conveying emotions effectively. Singing Carrots’ article on articulation provides tips and exercises to improve your clarity of pronunciation.
Other Popular Songs:
The belting technique used in “Believer” is not exclusive to this song. It is also employed in other popular tracks, such as:
- “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons
- “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
Resources for Singing “Believer”:
- Vocal Range Test: Determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Pitch Accuracy Test: Assess your pitch accuracy with simple melodic exercises.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano.
- Pitch Training: Interactive vocal warm-ups, pitch visualizer, and exercises for range and agility.
- Song Search: Find songs matching your vocal range, difficulty, and genre preference.
- Artist Vocal Ranges: Discover the vocal ranges of over 5000 famous singers.
- Singing Course: A comprehensive 21-lesson program covering singing theory and practical tips.
Learning to sing “Believer” by Imagine Dragons requires dedication and practice. By mastering the belting technique and incorporating the practical advice provided, you can confidently perform this powerful song. Remember to utilize the resources offered by Singing Carrots to enhance your singing skills and track your progress. Happy singing!