How to Learn Singing “Better Off” by Ariana Grande
Learning to sing a specific song can be an exciting and rewarding experience, especially when it comes to tackling the unique vocal techniques used by the artist. In this article, we will explore how to learn singing “Better Off” by Ariana Grande, highlighting its unique vocal technique and mentioning other popular songs that utilize similar techniques. We will also provide practical advice and relevant Singing Carrots resources to help you in your learning journey.
About the Song
“Better Off” is a song by Ariana Grande from her album “Sweetener.” It showcases Ariana’s impressive vocal range and control, along with her signature vocal technique known as belting. Belting is a powerful singing technique characterized by a strong, full, and resonant sound produced in the chest register.
Belting requires proper breath support, control, and resonance. To master this technique, it is essential to work on:
- Breath support: Practice diaphragmatic breathing to ensure proper airflow and support.
- Opening your mouth and throat: Maintain an open and relaxed throat while singing to allow for optimal resonance.
Learning “Better Off”
Here are some steps to help you learn and master “Better Off” by Ariana Grande:
- Take the vocal range test on Singing Carrots to understand your vocal range and identify any potential challenges within the song.
- Listen to the original song multiple times to familiarize yourself with the melody, dynamics, and vocal styling of Ariana Grande.
- Take the pitch accuracy test to assess your pitch accuracy and identify areas that need improvement.
- Practice vocal warm-ups to prepare your voice before attempting to sing “Better Off.” You can utilize exercises like the How to Twang Exercise and the How to Growl Exercise to enhance your vocal technique and control.
- Break down the song into smaller sections and practice each section individually. Pay attention to the vocal phrasing, dynamics, and subtle nuances.
- Use the Vocal Pitch Monitor on Singing Carrots to visually see and analyze the accuracy of your sung notes.
Other Songs that Showcase Belting Technique
Belting technique is commonly used in various popular songs. Here are a few examples:
- “Vision of Love” by Mariah Carey
- “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
- “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” from the musical “Dreamgirls”
- “Defying Gravity” from the musical “Wicked”
“Better Off” by Ariana Grande is a beautiful song that showcases her incredible belting technique. By utilizing the practical advice and Singing Carrots resources mentioned in this article, you can enhance your singing skills and effectively learn this song. Remember to always warm up your voice, practice diligently, and have fun along the way. Happy singing!