How to Learn Singing “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis
Are you a fan of Leona Lewis and want to learn how to sing her hit song “Bleeding Love”? Look no further! In this article, we will guide you through the process of learning and mastering this beautiful ballad.
Unique Vocal Technique: Belting
One of the unique vocal techniques used in “Bleeding Love” is belting. Belting is a powerful singing technique where the singer pushes their chest voice to its full extent, producing a strong and resonant sound. Leona Lewis demonstrates her incredible belting skills throughout the song, especially during the chorus.
If you want to develop your belting technique, Singing Carrots offers a great resource on contemporary vocal techniques. This article delves into the various aspects of belting and provides exercises to help you improve your skill. Additionally, you can watch the video on mixed voice, which breaks down the process of transitioning between chest voice and head voice, an essential skill for belting.
Practical Advice for Learning “Bleeding Love”
To effectively learn and sing “Bleeding Love,” here are some practical tips:
- Start with vocal warm-ups: Before diving into the song, warm up your voice with exercises. Singing Carrots’ pitch training game is a great tool for warming up and improving your pitch accuracy.
- Study the song’s structure: Break down the song into sections – verse, pre-chorus, chorus, and bridge. Understand the dynamics and emotional progression of each part.
- Analyze Leona Lewis’s rendition: Listen and study Leona Lewis’s performance of “Bleeding Love” closely. Pay attention to her interpretation, vocal nuances, and expressive techniques. This will help you capture the essence of the song.
- Practice with a vocal coach or singing partner: Seek guidance from a vocal coach or practice with a singing partner. They can provide valuable feedback on your technique, phrasing, and overall performance.
- Record yourself: Use Singing Carrots’ Vocal Pitch Monitor tool to record your practice sessions. Listen to your recordings and identify areas for improvement. This will help you refine your technique and stay on pitch.
- Use Singing Carrots’ song search feature: Find songs with similar vocal range, difficulty, and genre preferences as “Bleeding Love” to expand your repertoire and practice versatility.
Other Songs that Utilize Belting
Belting is a commonly used vocal technique in many popular songs across different genres. Here are a few examples:
- Whitney Houston – “I Will Always Love You”
- Christina Aguilera – “Fighter”
- Adele – “Rolling in the Deep”
- Kelly Clarkson – “Since U Been Gone”
Exploring these songs will give you more opportunities to practice and master the belting technique.
Learning “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis is a rewarding experience for any singer. With the right technique, practice, and resources from Singing Carrots, you can develop your singing skills and showcase your talent. Enjoy the journey and have fun with this iconic song!