How to Learn “Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd
Learning a new song can be a fun and rewarding experience for singers. In this article, we will explore how to learn and master the vocal techniques used in “Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd. This catchy and energetic track showcases The Weeknd’s unique style and vocal abilities. By breaking down the song into manageable steps and using the right resources, you can learn to sing this song with confidence and precision.
Analyzing Your Voice
Before you start learning the song, it’s important to analyze your voice and understand your vocal range. Singing Carrots offers a Vocal Range Test that can help you determine your range and compare it with famous singers.
Understanding Vocal Technique
“Can’t Feel My Face” incorporates various vocal techniques such as breath control, dynamics, and pitch accuracy. To understand these techniques in detail, you can refer to the following Singing Carrots articles:
Learning the Song
Here are the recommended steps to learn “Can’t Feel My Face”:
- Listen to the Song: Start by familiarizing yourself with the original version of the song. Pay attention to the melody, rhythm, and overall performance.
- Study the Lyrics: Read and understand the lyrics of the song. This will help you connect with the emotions and deliver a compelling performance.
- Break it Down: Break the song into smaller sections to make it more manageable. Practice each section individually before putting them together.
- Focus on Vocal Technique: Pay attention to the unique vocal techniques used in the song, such as falsetto and controlled vibrato. Practice these techniques using the Singing Carrots resources:
- Beggars Bounce – Vibrato Exercise
- Work on Dynamics: “Can’t Feel My Face” has various dynamic changes. Practice transitioning smoothly between softer and louder sections of the song.
- Record Yourself: Use the Vocal Pitch Monitor to record your practice sessions and listen to your progress. This will help you identify areas that need improvement.
- Refine Your Performance: Once you feel comfortable with the song, focus on adding your personal touch. Experiment with different interpretations, phrasing, and dynamics to make the song your own.
Similar Vocal Techniques in Other Songs
The unique vocal techniques used in “Can’t Feel My Face” can be found in other popular songs as well. Some examples include:
- Vibrato: The use of controlled vibrato is also prominent in songs like “Earned It” and “Starboy” by The Weeknd.
- Falsetto: The Weeknd frequently employs his signature falsetto throughout his discography, with songs like “I Feel It Coming” and “In the Night” showcasing this technique.
Learning “Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd requires not only mastering the vocal techniques, but also understanding your own voice and making the song your own. By following the steps outlined in this article and using the resources provided by Singing Carrots, you can develop the skills and confidence to deliver a fantastic performance. So, get started, practice, and enjoy the process of learning and singing this popular song!