How to Learn Singing “Come As You Are” by Crowder
“Come As You Are” is a popular song by Crowder that showcases a unique vocal technique known as belting. With its powerful and expressive nature, belting is commonly used in various genres, including pop, rock, and musical theater. Learning to sing “Come As You Are” can be a great opportunity to develop and enhance your belting skills.
Belting is a technique that allows singers to produce a strong, resonant, and intense sound in their higher vocal range. It involves using a combination of chest voice and head voice, resulting in a powerful and impactful vocal performance. In “Come As You Are,” Crowder demonstrates this technique with a dynamic and emotive delivery.
Practical Advice for Learning the Song
If you’re interested in learning “Come As You Are” and improving your belting skills, here are some practical tips:
- Analyze Your Voice: Before diving into the song, take some time to analyze your vocal range and identify any potential vocal challenges. Singing Carrots offers a Vocal Range Test that can help you determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Warm Up: As with any singing practice, warming up your voice is crucial. Singing Carrots provides a Pitch Training tool that offers vocal warm-ups and exercises specifically designed to improve your pitch accuracy and range.
- Study the Song: Listen to the original recording of “Come As You Are” by Crowder multiple times to familiarize yourself with the melody, lyrics, and overall musical arrangement. Take note of the belting moments and pay attention to the nuances in Crowder’s vocal performance.
- Practice Belt Placement: Belting requires proper placement of your voice to ensure a powerful and resonant sound. Singing Carrots’ article on Open Mouth and Throat can provide insights into the importance of mouth and throat openness while singing.
- Breath Support: Building breath support is essential for executing powerful belting. Singing Carrots’ resources on Active and Passive Breathing and Breath Support can guide you in developing strong breath control.
- Vocal Health: Take care of your vocal health by adopting healthy habits. Singing Carrots’ article on Vocal Health provides valuable tips on preventing vocal damage and maintaining a healthy voice.
Relevant Singing Carrots Resources
In addition to the practical advice mentioned above, Singing Carrots offers supplementary resources to support your learning journey:
- Pitch Training: Improve your pitch accuracy and range through interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises.
- Vocal Ranges of Famous Singers: Explore the vocal ranges of over 5000 famous singers to gain inspiration and insights.
- Search Songs: Find songs that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preference.
- Educational Singing Course: Enroll in a comprehensive singing course covering theory and practical tips to enhance your singing skills.
By utilizing these resources and practicing consistently, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the belting technique and singing “Come As You Are” with confidence and skill. Embrace the unique vocal challenges this song presents, and enjoy the process of learning and improving your singing abilities.