How to Learn Singing “Come Back” by Bon Jovi
Learning to sing a particular song can be a rewarding experience, especially when it comes to iconic tracks like “Come Back” by Bon Jovi. In this article, we will guide you through the process of learning and mastering this song, highlighting the unique vocal techniques used by Bon Jovi, and providing helpful resources from Singing Carrots to aid you in your journey.
1. Familiarize Yourself with the Song
The first step in learning any song is to listen to it multiple times. Pay attention to the melody, the lyrics, and the emotions conveyed by Bon Jovi’s vocal performance. This will give you a solid foundation for singing the song yourself.
2. Analyze Your Voice
Before diving into singing “Come Back,” take a moment to analyze your voice. Singing Carrots offers a helpful article on how to analyze your voice, which can assist you in identifying your vocal range, voice type, and any areas that may need improvement.
3. Warm-up and Breath Support
Prepare your voice for singing with a warm-up routine. Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training module and the How to Twang Exercise video will help you activate your vocal muscles, improve breath support, and achieve better control over your voice.
4. Pay Attention to Vocal Technique
“Come Back” showcases Bon Jovi’s powerful and emotive singing style. To capture the essence of the song, focus on the following vocal techniques:
- Belting technique: Bon Jovi often uses belting in his performances, particularly during powerful parts of the song. Practice this technique with Singing Carrots’ resources, such as the Chest Voice Explained video.
- Vibrato: Vibrato adds warmth and richness to your singing. Singing Carrots’ Beggars Bounce and Diaphragm Bounce videos can help you develop this technique.
5. Practice with Vocal Training Tools
Utilize Singing Carrots’ resources to practice and improve your singing skills:
- Vocal range test: Determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Pitch accuracy test: Assess your pitch accuracy and work on improving it.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Use this visualizer to see your sung notes on a virtual piano.
- Pitch Training: Engage in interactive vocal warm-ups, pitch visualization, and exercises for range and agility.
6. Other Resources from Singing Carrots
Singing Carrots offers a treasure trove of educational articles related to singing. Check out these resources to further enhance your singing skills: