How to Learn Bruno Mars’ “Count on Me”
Learning a song is not only about memorizing the lyrics and melody. It’s about understanding the unique vocal technique used in the song and incorporating practical advice to enhance your singing. In this article, we will explore how to learn Bruno Mars’ “Count on Me” and highlight the vocal technique used in the song.
The Vocal Technique: Belting
“Count on Me” is a perfect example of Bruno Mars’ signature vocal style, which includes a technique called belting. Belting is a powerful and resonant singing technique used to create a strong, chesty sound. It involves pushing your voice past your usual vocal range, resulting in a full-bodied and dynamic sound.
Belting is commonly used by several popular artists, such as Whitney Houston in “I Will Always Love You” and Adele in “Rolling in the Deep”. The technique adds emotional intensity and energy to a song, making it an effective tool for expressing a powerful message.
Steps to Learn “Count on Me”
- Listen and Analyze: Start by listening to the original song multiple times. Pay attention to Bruno Mars’ vocal technique, phrasing, and dynamics. Analyze how he uses his voice to convey the emotions of the song.
- Warm-up and Breath Support: Before attempting to sing “Count on Me,” warm up your voice using Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training exercises. Focus on developing proper breath support, which is crucial for belting. Singing Carrots’ Breath Support article provides valuable tips and exercises to improve your breath control.
- Practice Vocal Technique: Work on belting technique by practicing vocal exercises specifically designed to strengthen your chest voice and develop your vocal power. Singing Carrots’ Chest Voice Explained video is an excellent resource for understanding and perfecting this technique.
- Learn the Lyrics and Melody: Memorize the lyrics and melody of “Count on Me.” Sing along with the original song or use Singing Carrots’ Educational Singing Course to learn the song step by step.
- Emotional Delivery: Remember to connect emotionally with the song while singing. Use Singing Carrots’ Relaxing Breath exercise to help control your emotions and deliver a heartfelt performance.
For more in-depth information on singing techniques, vocal health, and performance tips, Singing Carrots provides a wide range of articles you can explore: