As a singer, learning a new song can be a rewarding journey. In this article, we will explore how to learn and sing the song “Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep” by Bing Crosby. This classic song is a beautiful reminder to focus on gratitude and positivity.
One unique vocal technique used in “Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep” is the gentle and smooth vocal style. Bing Crosby’s delivery in this song showcases his velvety voice and his ability to convey emotions with simplicity. This technique of singing with a relaxed and effortless tone is often associated with crooners, and it creates an intimate and soothing atmosphere.
If you’re excited to learn this song, here are some practical tips to get you started:
- Listen to the Original: Begin by listening to Bing Crosby’s rendition of the song. Pay attention to his phrasing, tone, and overall interpretation. This will give you a sense of the desired style and mood.
- Study the Lyrics: Take some time to analyze the lyrics and understand their meaning. “Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep” is a song that encourages gratitude and finding solace in the positive aspects of life. By connecting with the lyrics, you’ll be able to convey the song’s message more authentically.
- Warm-up Your Voice: Before singing, it’s essential to warm up your voice to prevent strain and injury. Singing Carrots provides an excellent resource for vocal warm-ups. You can try the Farinelli Breathing exercise to improve breath control and Humming to relax and lubricate your vocal cords.
- Practice with Vocal Pitch Monitor: Singing Carrots’ Vocal Pitch Monitor is a fantastic tool to help you visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano. It allows you to track your pitch accuracy and make adjustments as needed. Practice singing “Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep” while using this tool to refine your pitch.
- Utilize Singing Carrots’ Song Search: Singing Carrots’ Song Search feature is a valuable resource to find songs that match your vocal range and difficulty level. You can search for similar songs to “Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep” to expand your repertoire.
- Learn from Vocal Articles: Singing Carrots offers a wide range of articles that cover various aspects of singing. Make sure to read these articles to enhance your singing skills and knowledge. Some relevant articles for learning this song include:
- How to analyze your voice
- Voice types
- Breathing basics
- Voice registers & vocal break
- Breath support
- Open mouth & throat
- How to learn a song effectively
By incorporating these practical tips into your learning process and utilizing the resources provided by Singing Carrots, you’ll be well on your way to mastering “Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep.” Remember to maintain a positive mindset, embrace the unique vocal technique of the song, and enjoy the journey of singing this beautiful piece.