How to Learn Singing “Dangerous Woman” by Ariana Grande
Learning to sing a specific song can be an exciting and rewarding experience. In this article, we will explore the techniques and resources needed to master Ariana Grande’s hit song, “Dangerous Woman.” We will also highlight the unique vocal technique used in the song and mention other popular songs that feature similar vocal styles.
The Unique Vocal Technique: Belting
One of the standout features of “Dangerous Woman” is Ariana Grande’s impressive belting technique. Belting involves singing in a powerful and resonant tone, often in the higher range, while maintaining control and clarity. It adds a sense of drama and intensity to the performance.
If you want to master the belting technique used in “Dangerous Woman,” the Singing Carrots vocal training resources can be invaluable:
- Contemporary vocal techniques: Heavy modal, Twang, Belting – This article provides a comprehensive overview of different contemporary vocal techniques, including belting.
- Singing Comfort Zone – This video demonstrates exercises to help you explore your chest voice and develop a strong belt.
Practical Advice for Learning the Song
Here are some practical steps to follow when learning and practicing “Dangerous Woman”:
- Start with the Vocal Range Test (link) to determine your vocal range. This will help you adjust the song’s key accordingly.
- Listen to the original song multiple times to familiarize yourself with the melody, phrasing, and dynamics.
- Break down the song into smaller sections and practice each section separately.
- Work on your breathing technique. Proper breath support is crucial for executing the powerful belts in the song. Refer to the article on breath support for guidance.
- Pay attention to the articulation and diction of the lyrics. Clear enunciation will enhance the overall delivery of the song.
- Utilize the Vocal Pitch Monitor tool to visualize and monitor your pitch accuracy as you practice.
Other Popular Songs with Similar Vocal Techniques
If you enjoy singing “Dangerous Woman” and want to further explore songs with similar vocal techniques, consider these popular choices:
Each of these songs offers an opportunity to master and showcase your belting skills.
Remember, learning a new song takes time and practice. Be patient with yourself and enjoy the journey. Singing Carrots offers a wealth of resources, including the educational singing course, to further enhance your singing skills and knowledge.