How to Learn Singing Ariana Grande’s “Daydreamin'”
Are you a fan of Ariana Grande and want to learn how to sing one of her popular songs? Look no further than “Daydreamin’.” In this article, we will explore the unique vocal technique used in the song and provide practical advice on how to learn and master it. We will also mention other popular songs where similar techniques are used.
The Vocal Technique: Belting
“Daydreamin'” showcases Ariana Grande’s impressive vocal abilities, particularly her skill in belting. Belting is a powerful singing technique that involves singing with intensity and a strong, chest-dominant sound. It allows singers to hit high notes with a punch and create a vibrant, resonant quality in their voice.
To learn how to belt like Ariana Grande in “Daydreamin’,” here are some practical steps and Singing Carrots resources that can help:
- Warm-up your voice: Before attempting any belting, it’s essential to warm up your vocal cords. Singing Carrots offers a vocal pitch training game that provides exercises to help you warm up and improve your pitch accuracy.
- Work on breath support: Belting requires proper breath support. Singing Carrots has a helpful article on breath support that explains how to engage your diaphragm and control your breath while singing.
- Develop vocal strength: Building vocal strength is crucial for belting. Singing Carrots offers a vocal pitch monitor tool that allows you to visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano. This can help you identify areas where you need to strengthen your voice and work on specific vocal exercises.
- Study other belting songs: To get a better understanding of belting in different songs, take a look at Singing Carrots’ resource on contemporary vocal techniques. This article introduces various vocal techniques, including belting, and provides examples of popular songs that utilize these techniques.
Songs with Similar Vocal Technique
If you enjoy belting and want to explore other songs that showcase this vocal technique, here are a few recommendations:
- “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” by Jennifer Hudson
- “Listen” by Beyoncé
- “Defying Gravity” from the musical “Wicked”
These songs are known for their powerful belting moments and can serve as great inspiration and practice material for developing your belting technique like Ariana Grande does in “Daydreamin’.”
With the right resources and practice, you can learn to sing “Daydreamin'” and other belting songs with confidence and skill. Remember to take care of your voice and gradually build up your vocal abilities. Enjoy the process, have fun, and let your voice soar!