How to Learn Singing “Down With the Sickness” by Disturbed
Learning to sing a specific song can be a rewarding experience, especially when it comes to tackling a challenging track like “Down With the Sickness” by Disturbed. In this article, we will break down the unique vocal techniques used in the song and provide practical advice to help you learn it effectively.
The Unique Vocal Technique: Distorted Vocals
One of the standout features of “Down With the Sickness” is the use of distorted vocals. This technique involves creating a gritty, raspy, and intense sound quality in your voice. It adds a powerful and aggressive element to the song. Distorted vocals are commonly seen in various rock and metal genres, and they can be found in songs by bands like Slipknot and System of a Down.
Practical Tips for Learning the Song
Here are some practical tips to help you learn and perform “Down With the Sickness” with confidence:
- Listen and Analyze: Start by listening to the song multiple times. Pay attention to the vocal style, phrasing, and overall structure of the song. This will help you understand the unique characteristics and vocal nuances.
- Warm Up and Stretch: Before diving into the song, it’s important to warm up your voice. Use Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training tool to do vocal warm-ups and exercises that focus on your range and agility.
- Work on Breath Support: Since “Down With the Sickness” requires powerful and intense vocals, focus on improving your breath support. Singing Carrots’ article on Breath Support provides valuable information and techniques to strengthen your breath control.
- Practice Distorted Vocals: Dedicate some time to practicing the distorted vocal technique used in the song. Singing Carrots’ article on Vocal Distortion can provide additional guidance and exercises to help you develop that gritty and intense sound.
- Focus on Pronunciation and Diction: Pay attention to the lyrics and ensure clear pronunciation and diction. Singing Carrots’ article on Articulation offers useful tips and exercises to improve your enunciation.
- Record and Evaluate: Use Singing Carrots’ Vocal Pitch Monitor to record yourself singing the song. This allows you to evaluate your performance and make necessary adjustments to improve your vocal techniques.
Additional Singing Carrots Resources
Utilize these Singing Carrots resources to enhance your learning experience: