How to Learn Singing “Easy as Life” from Aida
Are you a fan of the musical Aida? Do you dream of singing “Easy as Life” just like the lead performers? Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we will guide you on how to learn and master this beautiful song.
The Unique Vocal Technique in “Easy as Life”
“Easy as Life” is a powerful ballad with soaring melodies and emotional depth. It requires a strong vocal technique to convey the intensity and vulnerability of the song. One notable technique used in this song is the use of belting. Belting is a vocal style that emphasizes the chest voice with a powerful and resonant sound. It adds a raw and emotional quality to the performance, making it perfect for songs like “Easy as Life.”
Learning and Practicing “Easy as Life”
Learning a song like “Easy as Life” requires a systematic approach. Here are some practical steps to help you master this song:
- Start by familiarizing yourself with the melody and lyrics of the song. Listen to different versions of the song, including the original cast recording.
- Pay close attention to the dynamics of the song. Note where the song builds up in intensity and where it becomes softer and more delicate.
- Practice the song in sections, focusing on the challenging parts first. Break down the lyrics and melody, understanding the emotions behind each line.
- Use the Pitch Training – Educational Singing Game on Singing Carrots to improve your pitch accuracy. This will help you hit the right notes and stay in tune.
- Work on your breath support and control using the exercises in the Breath Support article on Singing Carrots. Good breath support is crucial for sustaining long phrases and achieving the emotional impact of the song.
- Experiment with different vocal techniques such as vocal distortion and singing with vibrato. These techniques can add interesting textures and nuances to your performance.
- Record yourself singing “Easy as Life” and listen back to identify areas for improvement. Pay attention to your vocal tone, articulation, and phrasing.
Other Songs with Similar Vocal Techniques
The vocal technique of belting, which is used in “Easy as Life,” is also prominent in several other popular songs. Here are some examples:
- Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked
- And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going from the musical Dreamgirls
- I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
Boost Your Singing Skills with Singing Carrots
Singing Carrots offers a range of resources that can help you enhance your singing abilities. Here are some tools and articles that you might find useful:
- Vocal range test: Determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Pitch accuracy test: Assess your pitch accuracy in a fun and interactive way.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano and improve your pitch control.
- Pitch Training – Educational Singing Game: Improve your pitch accuracy while having fun with a singing game.
- Search songs by vocal range: Find songs that match your vocal range and explore new genres.
- Vocal ranges of famous singers: Learn about the vocal ranges of your favorite singers and find inspiration for your own singing.
- Educational singing course: Enroll in a comprehensive singing course to enhance your singing skills.