How to Learn Singing “Anything Goes – Easy To Love”
Learning how to sing a particular song can be an exciting and rewarding experience. In this article, we will explore the steps to learn the song “Anything Goes – Easy To Love,” while highlighting a unique vocal technique used in the song and mentioning other popular songs that incorporate this technique.
Step 1: Analyze Your Voice and Determine Your Range
Before diving into learning the song, it is essential to understand your vocal range. Take the vocal range test provided by Singing Carrots. This test helps you identify your vocal range and compare it with famous singers. Knowing your range will allow you to adjust the song to suit your voice.
Step 2: Familiarize Yourself with the Song
Listen to different versions of “Anything Goes – Easy To Love” to familiarize yourself with the melody, rhythm, and overall style of the song. This will help you develop a deeper understanding and connection with the piece.
Step 3: Study the Unique Vocal Technique
“Anything Goes – Easy To Love” features a unique vocal technique known as legato phrasing. Legato phrasing involves singing in a smooth and connected manner, avoiding any breaks or interruptions between notes. This technique gives the song a flowing and seamless quality.
To learn and master legato phrasing, be sure to check out the article on contemporary vocal techniques provided by Singing Carrots. The article explains various techniques like heavy modal, twang, and belting, which are commonly used in contemporary singing styles.
Step 4: Practicing Vocal Exercises
To develop your vocal skills and improve your legato phrasing, incorporate relevant exercises into your practice routine. Singing Carrots offers a variety of exercises to help you develop your technique:
- How to Twang Exercise – focuses on developing twang, a powerful vocal quality used in many popular songs.
- How to Growl Exercise – helps you understand and master growling techniques often used in contemporary singing.
- Beggars Bounce and Diaphragm Bounce – both exercises focus on improving vibrato, a subtle pitch modulation technique that adds depth and emotion to your singing.
- Farinelli Breathing – a breathing exercise that enhances breath control and support, essential for sustaining long phrases with ease.
- Finger Bite – an articulation exercise to help improve clarity and diction while singing.
Step 5: Utilize Singing Carrots Tools
In addition to the exercises, Singing Carrots provides tools that can further assist you in learning and practicing “Anything Goes – Easy To Love.” These tools include:
- Pitch accuracy test – helps assess your pitch accuracy and identify areas for improvement.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor – allows you to visualize and analyze your sung notes on a virtual piano.
- Pitch Training – Educational Singing Game – offers interactive vocal warm-ups, pitch visualization, and exercises for range and agility.