How to Learn Singing “Electric Eye” by Judas Priest
“Electric Eye” by Judas Priest is an iconic heavy metal song known for its powerful vocals and intense energy. Learning to sing this song requires a combination of technical skills, vocal control, and a deep understanding of the song’s unique vocal technique: Rob Halford’s signature high-pitched screams.
1. Vocal Analysis
Before diving into the song, it is important to analyze your voice and determine your vocal range. Singing Carrots’ Vocal Range Test can help you identify your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
Knowing your vocal range will help you adapt the song to your own voice and make necessary adjustments while practicing.
2. Vocal Technique
Rob Halford is known for his incredible high-pitched screams, and “Electric Eye” showcases his impressive vocal range. To achieve a similar sound, it is essential to develop proper breath support, control, and diaphragmatic breathing.
Take advantage of Singing Carrots’ resources to improve your vocal technique:
- Breath Support: Learn how to improve your breathing for better vocal control.
- Breathing Basics: Understand the difference between active and passive breathing and how they relate to singing.
- Voice Registers & Vocal Break: Explore the different voice registers and understand how to navigate your vocal break.
- Pop/Jazz vs Classical Singing: Discover the differences between these singing styles and how it can impact your interpretation of the song.
- Contemporary Vocal Techniques: Learn about techniques like Heavy Modal, Twang, and Belting that can add power and intensity to your voice.
3. Learning the Song
Once you have developed the necessary vocal technique, it’s time to start learning “Electric Eye.” Here are some steps to help you:
- How to Learn a Song Effectively: Apply effective techniques to learn the lyrics, melody, and overall structure of the song efficiently.
- Articulation: Focus on clear and precise articulation to deliver the lyrics with power and clarity.
- Resonance in Singing: Understand how to use resonance to enhance your voice and create a rich, full sound.
4. Vocal Warm-ups
Prior to singing “Electric Eye,” warm up your voice to prevent strain and improve flexibility. Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training provides interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises specifically designed for range and agility enhancement.
Check out these warm-up exercises: