How to Learn Singing “Evacuate the Dancefloor” by Cascada
Are you a fan of Cascada’s hit song “Evacuate the Dancefloor”? Do you want to learn how to sing it like your favorite artist? In this article, we will guide you through the process of learning and mastering this energetic dance track.
1. Vocal Technique: Belting
“Evacuate the Dancefloor” showcases the vocal technique known as belting. This powerful and dynamic technique involves singing with a strong chest voice while maintaining control and resonance. Belting is commonly used in pop and dance music to add intensity and energy to a performance.
2. Key Elements of the Song
Before diving into the vocal technique, let’s examine the key elements of the song:
- High energy: The song is known for its high-tempo and infectious energy. It requires a strong and confident vocal performance.
- Catchy melody: The melody of “Evacuate the Dancefloor” is catchy and repetitive, making it easy for listeners to sing along.
- Vocal agility: The song includes various vocal runs and melismatic passages that require agility and precision in your vocal delivery.
3. Step-by-Step Learning Process
Here are some practical steps to help you learn and improve your singing of “Evacuate the Dancefloor”:
- Listen and familiarize yourself with the song: Start by listening to the original version of the song multiple times to internalize the melody, lyrics, and overall style.
- Study the vocal technique: As mentioned earlier, “Evacuate the Dancefloor” features belting. Take the time to understand the mechanics of belting, including breath support, chest resonance, and vocal placement.
- Warm-up your voice: Begin your practice session with vocal warm-up exercises to prepare your voice for the demands of the song. Sing scales, lip trills, and sirens to warm up your vocal cords.
- Practice the melody and lyrics: Break down the song into sections and practice singing along with the original recording. Pay attention to the nuances of Cascada’s delivery, such as her phrasing and nuances in dynamics.
- Work on vocal agility: Focus on the melismatic passages and vocal runs in the song. Practice them slowly at first, gradually increasing the speed as you gain confidence and control.
- Record and analyze your performance: Use the Singing Carrots Vocal Pitch Monitor to record your singing and analyze your performance. Take note of areas where you can improve, such as pitch accuracy, vocal tone, and breath control.
- Refine your performance: Continuously refine your singing by paying attention to the finer details. Experiment with dynamics, phrasing, and vocal embellishments to make the song your own.
4. Singing Carrots Resources
Take advantage of the following Singing Carrots resources to enhance your learning and practice sessions:
- Pitch Training: Develop your pitch accuracy and agility through interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Use the virtual piano to visualize your sung notes and improve your pitch accuracy.
- Vocal Range Test: Determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Artist Vocal Ranges: Discover the vocal ranges of over 5000 famous singers, which can help you understand the vocal possibilities in different songs.
- Educational Singing Course: Enhance your singing skills with a comprehensive 21-lesson program covering singing theory and practical tips.
Remember, practice is key to mastering any song. Be patient with yourself, dedicate regular practice sessions, and have fun along the way. With the right technique, practice, and Singing Carrots resources, you’ll be able to sing “Evacuate the Dancefloor” with confidence and style!