Learning to Sing “Good for You” by Selena Gomez
If you’re a fan of Selena Gomez and want to learn how to sing her hit song “Good for You,” you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll break down the unique vocal techniques used in the song, provide practical advice for learning and mastering it, and recommend relevant resources from Singing Carrots to help you along the way.
The Unique Vocal Technique in “Good for You”
One of the standout aspects of Selena Gomez’s singing in “Good for You” is her smooth and sultry vocal delivery. She seamlessly blends her chest and head voice to create a sensual and confident sound. Mastering this vocal technique will not only help you sing “Good for You” but also enhance your overall singing abilities.
This blending of chest and head voice, commonly known as “mixed voice,” allows singers to access a wide vocal range without strain. It gives the song a rich and expressive quality that captures listeners’ attention.
In addition to mixed voice, Selena Gomez also utilizes various dynamic and expressive techniques throughout the song. These techniques include vocal runs, melodic ornaments, and subtle vocal inflections, which add depth and emotion to her performance.
Practical Tips for Learning “Good for You”
Learning to sing “Good for You” requires practice and attention to detail. Here are some practical tips to help you master the song:
- Start with vocal warm-ups: Before diving into the song, warm up your voice using Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training exercises. This will help you loosen up your vocal cords and improve your vocal control.
- Analyze the song: Use Singing Carrots’ article on how to analyze your voice to understand the song structure, melody, and vocal techniques used by Selena Gomez. Pay attention to the vocal range, dynamics, and emotional nuances.
- Work on breath control: “Good for You” requires controlled and sustained vocal delivery. Singing Carrots’ article on breath support will provide you with valuable insights and exercises to improve your breath control.
- Focus on mixed voice: Practice transitioning smoothly between your chest and head voice to achieve the same blended sound as Selena Gomez. Singing Carrots’ video on mixed voice will guide you through exercises to develop this technique.
- Add your own style: While learning the song, don’t be afraid to add your own personal touch. Experiment with vocal inflections, vibrato, and dynamics to make the song your own.
Relevant Singing Carrots Resources
As you embark on your journey to learn and perfect “Good for You,” Singing Carrots provides several resources to support your progress:
- Vocal range test: Determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Pitch accuracy test: Assess your pitch accuracy while singing simple melodies.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano.
- Pitch Training: Engage in interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises for range and agility.
- Song search: Find songs that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preference.
- Artist vocal ranges: Discover the vocal ranges of over 5000 famous singers, including Selena Gomez.
- Song-book: Search for songs by vocal range to expand your repertoire.