Learning How to Sing “Help!” by The Beatles
If you’re a fan of The Beatles, you’ll know that their music is timeless and iconic. One of their most popular songs is “Help!” released in 1965. Learning how to sing this song can be a fun and rewarding experience. In this article, we will guide you through the process of learning and mastering “Help!” and highlight the unique vocal technique used in the song.
The Unique Vocal Technique
“Help!” showcases a unique vocal technique known as belting. Belting is a powerful singing technique that involves singing with a bright and strong tone in your upper chest voice. It adds a dynamic and energetic quality to your performance, allowing you to reach high notes with ease.
This vocal technique is not only used in “Help!” but can also be found in other popular songs such as:
- “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
Step-by-Step Guide to Learning “Help!”
Learning a song like “Help!” requires proper preparation and practice. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you:
- Listen and analyze the song: Start by listening to the original recording of “Help!” multiple times. Pay attention to the melody, dynamics, and overall structure of the song. This will help you understand the essence of the song and make it easier to learn.
- Work on your vocal range: Use the Singing Carrots Vocal Range Test to determine your vocal range. This will help you identify any difficult areas in the song and make adjustments accordingly.
- Practice breath control: Good breath control is crucial for singing “Help!” Start by working on your breathing technique using the Singing Carrots Breath Support article. Focus on deep belly breathing and maintaining a steady airflow.
- Warm up your voice: Before singing, it’s essential to warm up your vocal cords. Follow the warm-up exercises in the Singing Carrots Pitch Training tool or try the 3 Minute Warm Up video.
- Learn the lyrics and melody: Get familiar with the lyrics and melody of “Help!” Use the Singing Carrots Song Search tool to find the lyrics, sheet music, and backing track for the song.
- Work on vocal technique: To improve your belting technique, check out the Singing Carrots Contemporary Vocal Techniques: Heavy Modal, Twang, Belting article. These techniques will help you sing with power and control.
- Record yourself: Use the Singing Carrots Vocal Pitch Monitor to see visual feedback of your singing. Record yourself singing “Help!” and listen back to identify areas for improvement.
- Practice, practice, practice: Set aside regular practice sessions to work on the song. Break it down into smaller sections and focus on challenging parts. Repeat each section until you feel comfortable and confident.
Here are some additional Singing Carrots resources that can further enhance your singing skills:
- Singing Course: If you’re a beginner, consider enrolling in the Singing Carrots Educational Singing Course. It covers singing theory and provides practical tips to improve your singing.
- Vocal ranges of famous singers: Explore the vocal ranges of famous singers to gain inspiration and expand your knowledge.