How to Learn Singing “Hold My Hand” by Jess Glynne
If you’re a fan of Jess Glynne’s hit song “Hold My Hand” and want to learn how to sing it, you’ve come to the right place! This catchy pop anthem showcases Jess Glynne’s powerful vocals and distinctive vocal technique. In this article, we’ll break down the steps to help you learn and master this song, along with some practical tips and resources from Singing Carrots.
Step 1: Analyze Your Voice
Before diving into the song, it’s essential to understand your vocal range. Take the Singing Carrots Vocal Range Test to determine your range and compare it with Glynne’s voice.
Step 2: Warm-Up and Technique
Proper warm-up exercises will help you prepare your voice for singing. Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training offers vocal warm-ups and exercises specifically designed to improve your pitch accuracy and vocal control.
Additionally, Jess Glynne utilizes a unique vocal technique called “belting” in “Hold My Hand.” To learn more about this technique, read Singing Carrots’ article on Contemporary Vocal Techniques: Heavy Modal, Twang, Belting. You’ll find practical advice and exercises to help you develop and incorporate this technique into your singing.
Step 3: Learn the Song
To effectively learn “Hold My Hand,” follow these steps:
- Listen to the original track multiple times to familiarize yourself with the melody, lyrics, and Glynne’s vocal style.
- Study the song’s structure, paying attention to the verses, choruses, and any vocal runs or adlibs.
- Break down the melody and lyrics into small sections and practice each section individually until you feel comfortable.
- Use Singing Carrots’ Song Search feature to find other songs in a similar vocal range or with similar vocal techniques. This will help you broaden your repertoire and strengthen your vocal skills.
Step 4: Performance Tips
When it comes to performing “Hold My Hand,” here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Focus on proper breath support and control. Singing Carrots’ article on Breath Support offers valuable insights and exercises to help you improve your breath control.
- Pay attention to your posture while singing. Learn how posture affects your singing by reading Singing Carrots’ article on How Posture Affects Your Singing.
- Work on your stage presence and conquer stage fright by following Singing Carrots’ tips on How to Overcome Stage Fright.
By incorporating these tips and utilizing the resources provided by Singing Carrots, you’ll be well on your way to mastering “Hold My Hand” and improving your overall singing skills. So go ahead, embrace the unique vocal technique used by Jess Glynne and enjoy the journey of learning this amazing song!