How to Learn Singing “I Will Remember You” by Sarah McLachlan
“I Will Remember You” by Sarah McLachlan is a beautiful and emotional song that requires a delicate vocal approach. In this article, we will explore the unique vocal technique used in the song, provide practical advice for learning and performing it, and suggest relevant Singing Carrots resources to enhance your singing skills.
The Unique Vocal Technique: Vibrato
One of the standout features of “I Will Remember You” is the use of vibrato. Vibrato is a controlled oscillation of pitch that adds warmth and depth to your singing. It is a common technique employed by many singers to bring emotional intensity to their performances.
- Listen and Analyze: Start by listening to Sarah McLachlan’s original recording of the song. Pay attention to how she uses vibrato to express different emotions and create a unique musical experience.
- Vocal Warm-ups: Before attempting to sing the song, warm up your voice with exercises such as humming and sustained vocal exercises. These will help you relax your vocal cords and prepare them for singing with vibrato.
- Voice Registers and Resonance: Explore the different voice registers, such as chest voice and head voice, to find the most resonant and comfortable range for each part of the song. A good understanding of resonance and the appropriate management of vocal registers will help you achieve a smooth and controlled vibrato.
Other Popular Songs with Similar Vocal Techniques
“I Will Remember You” showcases a vocal technique that is also found in other popular songs. Here are a few examples:
- “Angel” by Sarah McLachlan
- “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen
- “The Power of Love” by Celine Dion
By listening to and studying these songs, you can gain a deeper understanding of how to use vibrato effectively and creatively.
Relevant Singing Carrots Resources:
- Pitch Training – Educational Singing Game: Enhance your pitch accuracy with interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises.
- Vocal ranges of famous singers: Explore the vocal ranges of over 5000 famous singers, including Sarah McLachlan, to gain insight into their unique vocal techniques.
- How to learn a song effectively: Discover tips and techniques for efficient song learning and memorization.
Learning to sing “I Will Remember You” requires dedication, practice, and a solid understanding of vocal techniques. By incorporating vibrato effectively and studying other songs with similar vocal techniques, you will be able to deliver a heartfelt and captivating performance. Utilize Singing Carrots resources to enhance your singing skills and embark on an enriching musical journey.