How to Learn Singing “Keep on Loving You” by REO Speedwagon
Are you a fan of REO Speedwagon’s classic rock ballad “Keep on Loving You”?
If you want to learn how to sing this iconic song, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll explore the unique vocal technique used in the song, provide practical advice, and recommend relevant Singing Carrots resources to help you master it.
The Unique Vocal Technique in “Keep on Loving You”
“Keep on Loving You” is known for its emotive and powerful delivery,
with a specific vocal technique called belting.
Belting is a technique that allows singers to produce strong, resonant sounds in their upper chest voice range.
This technique is commonly found in rock and pop genres, and it adds an impressive and passionate quality to the performance.
The chorus of “Keep on Loving You” showcases this belting technique, where the singer reaches high notes with intensity and control.
Steps to Learn and Master the Song
Here’s a step-by-step guide to learning and mastering “Keep on Loving You”:
- Start with Vocal Warm-ups: Before diving into the song, always warm up your voice to prevent strain and ensure vocal readiness.
Singing Carrots’ educational singing course provides a variety of warm-up exercises to strengthen your vocal muscles and improve control.
- Listen and Analyze the Song: Familiarize yourself with the original recording of “Keep on Loving You.”
Pay attention to the nuances in the vocal delivery, phrasing, and dynamics.
- Practice Breath Control: As belting requires strong breath support,
Singing Carrots’ breath support article will guide you on proper breathing techniques to enhance your singing.
- Focus on Vocal Registers: Understanding and developing your vocal registers is crucial for singing the song effectively.
Singing Carrots’ voice registers and vocal break article explains the concept in detail.
- Work on Articulation: Clear and precise articulation is important for delivering the lyrics with clarity and emotion.
Singing Carrots’ articulation article provides exercises and tips to improve your diction.
- Use Vocal Range and Pitch Accuracy Tests: Before attempting to sing the song, assess your vocal range and pitch accuracy.
Singing Carrots’ vocal range test and pitch accuracy test will help you understand your strengths and areas for improvement.
- Practice with the Vocal Pitch Monitor: Singing Carrots’ Vocal Pitch Monitor is a valuable tool to visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano.
It allows you to track your pitch accuracy and make necessary adjustments.
- Explore Similar Songs: “Keep on Loving You” shares similarities in vocal technique with other popular songs.
Singing Carrots’ contemporary vocal techniques article provides further insight into songs that feature belting and other vocal techniques.
- Record and Evaluate: After practicing, record yourself singing the song.
Listening to your own performance helps you identify areas that need improvement and refine your vocal style.
Singing Carrots Resources to Enhance Your Learning
Here are some recommended Singing Carrots resources to further enhance your singing journey:
- Search songs to find other songs that match your vocal range and difficulty level.