How to Learn Singing “Let Her Go” by Jasmine Thompson
Learning to sing a particular song requires focus, practice, and understanding of the unique vocal techniques used in the song. In this article, we will explore the steps you can take to learn singing “Let Her Go” by Jasmine Thompson, highlighting the song’s unique vocal technique and mentioning other popular songs that utilize similar techniques. We will also provide practical advice and relevant Singing Carrots resources to support your learning journey.
Analyzing Your Voice with Singing Carrots
Before you start learning the song, it’s essential to understand your voice’s range and capabilities. Take the Vocal Range Test on Singing Carrots to determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers. This will give you valuable insights into how to approach the song and adapt it to suit your voice.
Understanding the Vocal Technique
“Let Her Go” by Jasmine Thompson is a beautiful rendition of the original song by Passenger. It showcases delicate and emotional vocals, with a focus on control and expressiveness. One of the unique vocal techniques used in this song is vibrato, which adds warmth and depth to the vocals.
Practical Advice for Learning the Song
Here are some practical steps you can take to effectively learn and sing “Let Her Go”:
- Start by listening to various versions of the song, including Jasmine Thompson’s rendition and the original version by Passenger. Pay attention to the vocal nuances and emotional delivery.
- Study the lyrics and understand the story and emotions behind the song. This will help you connect with the lyrics and deliver a more heartfelt performance.
- Work on your authentic voice and expressiveness. Experiment with different vocal techniques, such as dynamics, phrasing, and interpretation, to make the song your own.
- Practice the song slowly at first, focusing on accurate pitch and proper breath control. Use the Pitch Accuracy Test on Singing Carrots to assess your pitch accuracy and make improvements.
- Pay attention to your breath support and ensure you have enough air to sustain long phrases and deliver powerful moments in the song.
- Use Singing Carrots’ Vocal Pitch Monitor as a visual guide to see your sung notes on a virtual piano. This will help you develop better pitch control and accuracy.
Other Songs with Similar Vocal Techniques
The unique vocal technique of “Let Her Go” can also be found in other popular songs. Here are a few examples:
- “Someone Like You” by Adele: This song showcases emotional delivery and controlled vibrato, similar to “Let Her Go.”
- “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen: Known for its heartfelt and expressive vocals, this song provides an excellent opportunity to practice the use of vibrato.
- “Stay” by Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko: This song requires delicate and controlled singing, with a focus on emotional expression, similar to Jasmine Thompson’s rendition of “Let Her Go.”
Additional Resources from Singing Carrots
To further support your singing journey and enhance your skills, Singing Carrots offers a range of educational resources, including:
- Explore the vocal ranges of famous singers to gain inspiration and learn from their vocal techniques.
- Use the song search feature to find songs that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preference.
- Check out the How to Analyze Your Voice article for more insights on understanding and improving your vocal abilities.
- Visit the Singing Carrots blog for articles on various vocal techniques, breathing exercises, and performance tips.
- Watch skill-related videos on Singing Carrots’ YouTube channel to learn specific exercises and techniques for singing.
- Consider enrolling in an educational singing course to receive personalized instruction and guidance.