How to Learn Singing “Living After Midnight” by Judas Priest
Learning to sing a specific song can be a fun and rewarding experience. In this article, we will explore how to learn the iconic song “Living After Midnight” by Judas Priest. We will highlight the unique vocal technique used in the song and mention other popular songs that incorporate similar techniques. We will also provide practical advice and relevant resources from Singing Carrots to help you in your learning journey.
The Vocal Technique: Powerful Chest Voice and High Range
“Living After Midnight” is known for its powerful and gritty vocal performance by Rob Halford. To effectively sing the song, it is important to develop a strong chest voice and be able to access a high vocal range.
Similar Techniques in Other Songs
The powerful chest voice and high range technique used in “Living After Midnight” is also utilized in other popular rock and metal songs. Some examples include:
- AC/DC – “Highway to Hell”
- Guns N’ Roses – “Welcome to the Jungle”
- Iron Maiden – “Run to the Hills”
Practical Advice for Learning the Song
Here are some practical tips to help you learn and perform “Living After Midnight” effectively:
- Start by analyzing your voice and understanding your vocal range. You can use the Vocal Range Test on Singing Carrots to determine your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Work on developing breath support and proper breathing techniques. The article on Breathing Basics will provide helpful insights.
- Focus on opening your mouth and throat while singing to achieve a more resonant sound. The article on Open Mouth & Throat explains this technique in detail.
- Practice singing with proper posture to optimize your vocal performance. The article on How Posture Affects Your Singing provides valuable tips.
- Utilize the Vocal Pitch Monitor to visually see your sung notes on a virtual piano, helping you stay in tune.
- Engage in vocal warm-ups, such as the Pitch Training exercises, to prepare your voice before singing the song.
- Refer to the article on How to Learn a Song Effectively for additional guidance on song learning techniques.
- Enjoy the process of learning, practicing, and performing “Living After Midnight”! Remember to have fun and express yourself through the song.
Here are some additional resources from Singing Carrots that you may find helpful: