How to Learn Singing “Make the World Go Away” by Elvis Presley
If you are a fan of Elvis Presley and want to learn how to sing his hit song “Make the World Go Away,” you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will guide you through the process of learning this beautiful song, highlight the unique vocal technique used by Elvis, and provide practical advice along with relevant Singing Carrots resources.
Understanding the Song
“Make the World Go Away” is a classic country ballad that showcases Elvis Presley’s smooth and emotional vocal style. The song was originally written by Hank Cochran and has been covered by several artists over the years. Elvis’s rendition of this song remains one of the most beloved versions.
Listening and Analyzing
The first step to learning any song is to listen to it carefully. Pay attention to Elvis’s phrasing, dynamics, and vocal tone. Try to understand the emotions conveyed through his interpretation. By analyzing the song, you can identify the key elements that make it unique.
Mastering Vocal Technique
In “Make the World Go Away,” Elvis demonstrates excellent control over his vocal technique. He uses a combination of smooth legato phrasing, gentle vibrato, and dynamic variations to convey the emotions of the song. To master these techniques, it’s essential to develop your vocal range, breath control, and pitch accuracy.
Recommended Singing Carrots Resources:
- Vocal Range Test: Start by determining your vocal range using this comprehensive test. It will help you understand your voice better and set the right key for practicing the song.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Use this tool to visualize the notes as you sing along with the song. It will help you improve your pitch accuracy and develop a better understanding of the melodic structure.
- Pitch Training: Explore the different exercises and vocal warm-ups in the pitch training program. These exercises will enhance your range, agility, and control over your vocal technique.
To learn “Make the World Go Away,” practice regularly and focus on the following aspects:
- Breathing Technique: Take deep, controlled breaths to develop breath support and sustain long phrases effortlessly. Here’s an article on breath support that you might find helpful.
- Articulation: Pay attention to the clarity of your diction by practicing proper articulation. Check out this article on articulation for tips and exercises.
- Emotional Expression: Try to connect with the emotions conveyed in the song and deliver them with authenticity. Check out this article on singing with intuition, skills, emotion, and thinking for guidance.
Finding Similar Songs
Elvis Presley’s vocal style in “Make the World Go Away” can be found in many of his other songs. You may also notice similarities in the vocal techniques used by other artists in the genre, such as Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, and Roy Orbison. Exploring their music can provide further inspiration and help you refine your own singing style.
Learning how to sing “Make the World Go Away” by Elvis Presley requires dedication, practice, and a focus on vocal techniques. By utilizing the resources and advice provided by Singing Carrots, you can enhance your singing skills and develop your unique interpretation of this beautiful song.
Keep practicing, enjoy the journey, and let the power of music guide you!