How to Learn Singing “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor
Learning to sing a particular song can be a fun and rewarding experience. In this article, we will explore the process of learning to sing “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor. This catchy pop song showcases Meghan’s unique vocal style and incorporates various vocal techniques that can be applied to other popular songs as well.
Understanding Vocal Technique in “Me Too”
One of the key vocal techniques in “Me Too” is belting. Belting is a powerful singing technique where the singer uses their chest voice to create a strong and resonant sound. Meghan Trainor demonstrates this technique throughout the song, particularly during the chorus. Belting is also commonly used in other pop songs like “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten and “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele.
Practical Tips to Learn the Song
Here are some practical tips to help you learn and master “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor:
- Start by listening to the original song multiple times to familiarize yourself with the melody, rhythm, and overall feel of the song.
- Use Singing Carrots’ Vocal Range Test to determine if the song falls within your vocal range.
- Practice breathing exercises to improve breath control and support. Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training offers interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises that can help in this regard.
- Refer to the article on how to analyze your voice to understand your voice type and make any necessary adjustments to match the style and range of Meghan Trainor’s voice.
- Work on opening your mouth and throat while singing to achieve better resonance and clarity. Singing Carrots’ article on open mouth & throat can provide further guidance.
- Pay attention to the dynamics and expression in the song. Incorporate emotions into your performance and connect with the lyrics. Singing Carrots’ article on singing with intuition, skills, emotion, and thinking can help you in this aspect.
- Practice the belting technique used in “Me Too” by working on vocal exercises that focus on chest voice and building power. Singing Carrots’ video on Chest Voice Explained provides valuable insights.
Additional Singing Carrots Resources
Singing Carrots offers a range of resources that can further enhance your singing skills and help you learn singing in a structured manner. Here are some relevant resources you can explore:
- Take the Pitch Accuracy Test to assess your pitch accuracy and make improvements.
- Use the Vocal Pitch Monitor to visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano and make adjustments.
- Utilize the Song Search feature to find songs that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preference.
- Explore the Vocal Ranges of Famous Singers to understand how different singers use their voices and find inspiration.
- Enroll in the comprehensive Educational Singing Course offered by Singing Carrots to gain a deeper understanding of singing theory and practical tips.
Learning to sing “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor can be an exciting journey. By incorporating the right vocal techniques, practicing regularly, and utilizing the resources provided by Singing Carrots, you can improve your singing skills and enjoy the process of learning and performing this popular song.