How to Learn Singing the Song “Our God” by Chris Tomlin
Singing a song like “Our God” by Chris Tomlin requires not only vocal talent but also an understanding of the unique vocal techniques used in the song. In this article, we will guide you through the process of learning and mastering this powerful worship song.
Understanding the Song
“Our God” is a popular contemporary Christian worship song that is known for its uplifting lyrics and powerful melodies. The song is sung in the key of C, and it incorporates dynamic range and control to convey the message of faith and worship.
Vocal Technique: Dynamic Control
One of the unique vocal techniques used in “Our God” is dynamic control. Throughout the song, there are moments of soft, intimate singing that gradually build up to moments of powerful, full-throated singing. To effectively convey the emotions and intensity of the song, it’s important to master dynamic control.
- Start by practicing vocal warm-ups to loosen up your voice and prepare your vocal cords for the song.
- Focus on breath control and support to sustain your notes and create a consistent sound.
- Experiment with different dynamics, gradually increasing the volume and intensity as you progress through the song.
- Pay attention to the dynamics indicated in the sheet music or lyrics of the song, and try to accurately reflect them in your singing.
- Record yourself singing the song and listen back to identify areas where you can improve your dynamic control.
Relevant Singing Carrots Resources
Singing Carrots provides several resources that can help you in your journey to learn and master “Our God” by Chris Tomlin:
- Search songs by vocal range: Find songs similar to “Our God” that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preference.
- Pitch accuracy test: Sing along to simple melodies and assess your pitch accuracy to ensure you are hitting the right notes in “Our God.”
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Use this tool to visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano, helping you stay on pitch while singing the song.
- Vocal ranges of famous singers: Discover the vocal ranges of famous singers, including Chris Tomlin, to better understand the vocal technique used in “Our God.”
- Educational singing course: Enroll in this 21-lesson program covering singing theory and practical tips to enhance your overall singing skills.
Incorporating the Vocal Technique in Other Songs
The dynamic control technique used in “Our God” can also be found in other popular worship songs, such as “10,000 Reasons” by Matt Redman and “How Great is Our God” by Chris Tomlin. By mastering this technique in “Our God,” you’ll be equipped to tackle similar songs and convey the same level of emotion and intensity.