How to Learn Singing “Plush” by Stone Temple Pilots
Learning to sing a particular song can be an exciting and rewarding journey. In this article, we will explore how to learn
singing “Plush” by Stone Temple Pilots, which is a popular alternative rock song known for its unique vocal style and dynamic
range. By following the step-by-step process outlined below, you can effectively learn to sing this iconic song and develop
your vocal skills.
Analyzing Your Voice
Before diving into the song, it is essential to analyze your voice and understand your vocal range. Singing Carrots’ vocal range test
is a great resource to determine your range and compare it with famous singers. Take the Vocal Range Test
to identify the appropriate key for “Plush.”
Understanding Vocal Techniques in “Plush”
“Plush” showcases various vocal techniques that contribute to its unique sound. One notable technique used in the song is
the use of chest voice mixed with falsetto. This blending of registers creates a rich and expressive vocal quality. To
further develop your understanding of voice registers and vocal breaks, refer to the article “Voice Registers & Vocal Break”.
Additionally, the song requires mastery of breath control and support. Check out the article “Breath Support”
to learn essential techniques for maintaining a consistent and steady airflow while singing.
Learning the Song
Now that you have a foundation in vocal techniques, it’s time to dive into learning the song itself. Here are the steps to
effectively learn “Plush”:
- Start by listening to the original recording of the song multiple times. Pay attention to the melody, vocal phrasing,
and overall structure.
- Familiarize yourself with the lyrics. Singing Carrots’ song search feature can help you find the lyrics of “Plush” that
match your vocal range. Use the Song Search tool for this purpose.
- Focus on the vocal melody and try to replicate it. Sing along with the original recording or use Singing Carrots’ pitch accuracy
test to assess your pitch accuracy. Utilize the Pitch Accuracy Test for this purpose.
- Work on the unique vocal techniques used in the song. Practice transitioning between chest voice and falsetto smoothly.
Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training game provides interactive exercises for developing pitch accuracy and range. Explore
the Pitch Training – Educational Singing Game to enhance your vocal skills.
- Pay attention to the dynamics of the song, incorporating variations in volume and intensity as you sing. This helps convey
the emotions of the song effectively.
- Record yourself singing “Plush” to assess your progress and identify areas for improvement. Use Singing Carrots’ Vocal Pitch
Monitor to visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano. Open the Vocal Pitch Monitor tool for this purpose.
Other Songs with Similar Vocal Techniques
The vocal technique used in “Plush” by Stone Temple Pilots is also prominent in other songs across different genres. Here
are a few recommendations:
Exploring these songs can broaden your understanding of this vocal style and allow you to apply the techniques you’ve learned
in “Plush” to other musical repertoire.