How to Learn Singing “Sangria” by Blake Shelton
Learning to sing a specific song can be an exciting and rewarding journey. In this article, we will explore how to learn and master the vocals for the song “Sangria” by Blake Shelton. This popular country song showcases Blake Shelton’s unique vocal technique and emotions, making it a great choice for singers looking to improve their skills.
The Unique Vocal Technique in “Sangria”
One of the notable vocal techniques used in “Sangria” is vocal distortion. Blake Shelton expertly incorporates this technique to add a gritty and edgy quality to his voice, particularly during the intense chorus sections of the song. Vocal distortion allows singers to add power and emotion to their voice, making it an effective tool for conveying the raw emotions expressed in the song.
To learn this technique, it is essential to understand the proper vocal production and control required. Singing Carrots offers a helpful video resource on vocal distortion, which you can find here. This video will guide you through the process of achieving vocal distortion and provide exercises to help you practice and develop this technique.
Other Popular Songs With Similar Vocal Techniques
If you enjoy the unique vocal style used in “Sangria,” you may also appreciate similar techniques used in other popular songs. Here are a few recommendations:
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen: Freddie Mercury’s powerful and expressive vocals showcase a range of vocal techniques, including vocal distortion, that add depth and intensity to this iconic song.
- “Cryin'” by Aerosmith: Steven Tyler’s dynamic vocal performance in this rock ballad includes elements of vocal distortion, allowing him to convey the emotions of heartbreak and longing.
- “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele: Adele’s soulful voice shines in this powerful song, and she skillfully incorporates vocal distortion in certain sections to emphasize the intense emotions conveyed in the lyrics.
Practical Advice for Learning “Sangria”
To effectively learn and master “Sangria,” consider following these practical tips:
- Analyze Your Voice: Understanding your vocal range and strengths will help you interpret the song in your unique style. Singing Carrots provides a helpful article on how to analyze your voice, which you can find here.
- Learn the Song Effectively: Break down the song into smaller sections and practice them individually before putting them together. Singing Carrots offers valuable tips on how to learn a song effectively, which you can explore here.
- Focus on Breath Support: Adequate breath control is crucial for executing the intense choruses and sustained phrases in “Sangria.” Singing Carrots’ article on breath support provides valuable insights and exercises to improve this aspect of your singing, available here.
- Embrace Your Authentic Voice: While learning this song, discover and embrace your unique vocal style. Singing Carrots provides a helpful article on finding your own authentic voice, which you can read here.