How to Learn Singing “So Am I” by Ava Max
If you’re a fan of Ava Max and want to learn how to sing her hit song “So Am I,” you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll break down the unique vocal techniques used in the song, offer practical advice on how to learn it effectively, and provide some useful Singing Carrots resources to support your singing journey.
The Unique Vocal Technique:
“So Am I” showcases Ava Max’s powerful pop vocals and her ability to convey emotion through her voice. One striking vocal technique used in this song is belting. Belting is a technique where the singer uses their chest voice to produce powerful, resonant high notes. Ava Max demonstrates excellent control and clarity while belting out the catchy chorus of “So Am I.”
This belting technique is reminiscent of other popular songs like Jessie J’s “Domino” and Kelly Clarkson’s “Since U Been Gone.” If you’re a fan of these songs, learning “So Am I” will provide an opportunity to practice and master this impressive vocal technique.
How to Learn “So Am I” Effectively:
Learning a song effectively requires a systematic approach. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you learn and master “So Am I”:
- Use Singing Carrots’ song search to find the lyrics, sheet music, and audio of “So Am I.”
- Start by listening to the original song repeatedly to familiarize yourself with the melody, lyrics, and overall feel of the song.
- Take the pitch accuracy test on Singing Carrots to assess your pitch accuracy and identify areas for improvement.
- Practice the song in smaller sections, focusing on mastering one section before moving on to the next. Break down each section into smaller phrases and practice them slowly, gradually increasing the tempo as you become more comfortable.
- Pay attention to the dynamics, vocal inflections, and emotional nuances in Ava Max’s performance. Try to replicate these elements in your own rendition of the song.
- Use the Vocal Pitch Monitor on Singing Carrots to visually track your pitch accuracy while singing “So Am I.” This tool will help you identify any areas where you might need improvement and provide real-time feedback.
- Record yourself singing “So Am I” and listen back to identify areas that need improvement. Focus on refining your vocal technique, breath control, and overall performance.
- Take advantage of Singing Carrots’ pitch training exercises to further refine your vocal skills and expand your vocal range.
- Monitor your progress using the progress statistics feature on Singing Carrots. This will help you track your improvement and identify areas where you need more practice.
Remember, learning to sing a song effectively takes time, patience, and consistent practice. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it perfect right away. Keep practicing, and you’ll soon be able to perform “So Am I” with confidence.
Relevant Singing Carrots Resources:
To enhance your learning experience and improve your singing technique, here are some Singing Carrots resources that you can use:
- Pitch accuracy test – Assess your pitch accuracy and work on improving it with this helpful test.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor – Visualize and track your sung notes on a virtual piano to improve your pitch stability.
- Pitch Training – Educational Singing Game – Engage in interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises to develop your pitch accuracy and agility.
- Search songs by vocal range – Find songs that suit your vocal range and explore new repertoire.
- Vocal ranges of famous singers – Learn about the vocal ranges of famous singers for inspiration and reference.
- Educational singing course – Take a comprehensive singing course to improve your singing skills and knowledge.