Learning to Sing “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper
Singing “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper is a wonderful way to explore emotions and showcase your vocal skills. This iconic song, known for its heartfelt lyrics and beautiful melody, provides an opportunity for singers to connect with the audience on a deep level.
Unique Vocal Technique
One of the unique vocal techniques used in “Time After Time” is the use of vibrato. Vibrato is a controlled oscillation of pitch that adds a rich and expressive quality to the voice. Cyndi Lauper masterfully incorporates vibrato throughout the song, creating a sense of vulnerability and emotion.
Other popular songs that feature vibrato include “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen and “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion. Exploring these songs alongside “Time After Time” can help you understand and practice this vocal technique.
Here are some practical tips to help you learn and sing “Time After Time” effectively:
- Analyze Your Voice: Understanding your voice type and vocal range is crucial. Take the Vocal Range Test on Singing Carrots to identify your vocal range and compare it with famous singers.
- Breathing Techniques: Proper breath support is essential for singing any song. Get to know the basics of breathing for singing and practice exercises like the Farinelli Breathing exercise to improve your breath control.
- Warm-up Your Voice: Before diving into “Time After Time”, warm up your voice with exercises like humming (Humming Warm-up Exercise) to loosen up your vocal cords and ensure vocal flexibility.
- Articulation: Pay attention to the clarity of your words while singing. Practice exercises like the Finger Bite exercise to improve your articulation and diction.
- Emotional Connection: “Time After Time” is a song that requires a deep emotional connection. Explore the various emotions the song evokes and experiment with different ways of expressing those emotions through your voice.
Useful Singing Carrots Resources
Singing Carrots provides a range of resources to assist you in learning and mastering “Time After Time” and other songs:
- Pitch Accuracy Test: Test your pitch accuracy and receive feedback to improve your intonation.
- Vocal Pitch Monitor: Use this tool to visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano and improve your pitch accuracy.
- Pitch Training: Engage in interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises to improve your range, agility, and pitch control.
- Song Search: Find songs that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preferences to further expand your singing repertoire.
- Artist Vocal Ranges: Explore the vocal ranges of over 5000 famous singers, including Cyndi Lauper, to gain insights into their techniques.
- Songbook: Create your own performance set and access linked lyrics, sheet music, chords, karaoke tracks, and YouTube audio for comprehensive practice.
- Singing Course: Enroll in the educational singing course available on Singing Carrots to enhance your singing skills, learn vocal theory, and get practical tips for singing various styles