Learning to Sing “Too Close” by Alex Clare
Singing a popular song like “Too Close” by Alex Clare can be a fun and challenging experience. In this article, we will explore the unique vocal technique used in the song and provide practical advice on how to learn and improve your singing of this particular track.
The Unique Vocal Technique
“Too Close” incorporates a vocal technique called belting, which adds power and intensity to the voice. Alex Clare uses a strong and gritty tone, especially during the chorus, to convey emotions and create a dynamic performance. Belting requires proper breath support and control to maintain a powerful and controlled sound.
This technique is also used in other popular songs, such as “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele and “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera. By learning to master belting, you will not only be able to sing “Too Close” with accuracy but also expand your repertoire of songs that require this vocal technique.
Here are some practical tips to help you learn and improve your singing of “Too Close”:
- Warm-up: Before attempting to sing the song, it is essential to warm up your voice. Singing warm-up exercises, such as the 3 Minute Warm Up, will help prepare your vocal cords and improve your overall performance.
- Breath Support: Proper breath support is crucial for belting. Practice exercises like the Twang Exercise and the Farinelli Breathing to develop strong breath control.
- Vocal Range: Check your vocal range using the Vocal range test on Singing Carrots. This will help you identify the areas of the song that might require more focus and practice.
- Pitch Accuracy: Practice your pitch accuracy with the Pitch accuracy test. This will ensure that you hit the right notes throughout the song.
- Articulation: Pay attention to your articulation and diction while singing the lyrics of “Too Close.” Proper articulation can enhance the clarity and delivery of the song. You can practice articulation exercises like the Finger Bite exercise.
- Record yourself: Record yourself singing the song and listen back to identify areas that need improvement. This will help you refine your performance and make necessary adjustments.
Relevant Singing Carrots Resources
Singing Carrots offers a variety of resources that can aid your learning and practice of “Too Close.” Here are some relevant resources worth exploring:
- Vocal Pitch Monitor – Use this tool to visualize your sung notes on a virtual piano, helping you with accuracy and pitch control.
- Song search – Find songs similar to “Too Close” that match your vocal range, difficulty level, and genre preference.
- Artist vocal ranges – Discover the vocal ranges of famous singers, including Alex Clare, to gain insights into their techniques and style.
- Pitch Training – Engage in interactive vocal warm-ups and exercises to improve your range, agility, and overall vocal performance.
- Singing course – Take the comprehensive 21-lesson singing course offered by Singing Carrots to learn singing theory and practical tips.