How to Learn Singing “Underneath” by Adam Lambert
Learning to sing a particular song like “Underneath” by Adam Lambert can be a fun and rewarding experience. In this article, we will explore the unique vocal techniques used in the song and provide practical advice to help you master it.
Vocal Technique: Belting
“Underneath” showcases Adam Lambert’s exceptional belting technique. Belting is a vocal technique where singers use their chest voice to produce powerful and resonant notes in the higher vocal range. It gives the song a dynamic and intense quality.
Practical Steps to Learn “Underneath”
- Start with the Basics: Before diving into the song, make sure you have a solid foundation in vocal technique. Take Singing Carrots’ educational singing course to learn the essentials of breath support, vocal registers, and vocal health.
- Analyze the Song: Use Singing Carrots’ article on how to analyze your voice to understand the vocal range, dynamics, and emotional nuances of “Underneath.”
- Warm-up and Stretch: Perform vocal warm-up exercises to prepare your voice. Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training offers a variety of warm-up exercises that can help you improve your vocal agility and flexibility.
- Focus on Belting: Practice belting exercises to strengthen your chest voice. Singing Carrots’ Chest Voice Explained and Singing Comfort Zone videos demonstrate techniques to develop and control your belting voice.
- Work on Pitch Accuracy: Use Singing Carrots’ Pitch accuracy test to assess your pitch accuracy. Practice matching the melody of “Underneath” with precise pitch control.
- Study Adam Lambert’s Technique: Watch live performances of Adam Lambert singing “Underneath” to gain insights into his vocal style and stage presence. Pay attention to his phrasing, dynamics, and delivery.
- Record and Review: Use Singing Carrots’ Vocal Pitch Monitor to record yourself singing “Underneath” and assess your progress. Listen carefully to identify areas for improvement.
- Experiment and Make It Your Own: While learning the song, explore different vocal interpretations to make it your own. Incorporate emotions and personal touches to connect with the lyrics and deliver a memorable performance.
Similar Songs with Belting Techniques
Belting is a popular vocal technique used in various songs across different genres. Here are a few examples: