How to Learn Singing “Waiting Here for You” by Christy Nockels
If you’re a fan of worship music, you probably know the beautiful song “Waiting Here for You” by Christy Nockels. This song is not only a powerful expression of worship, but it also incorporates a unique vocal technique known as belting.
Belting is a technique commonly used in contemporary music where singers push their voice to the limits of their vocal range, resulting in a powerful and resonant sound. It involves singing in a higher chest voice and adding a bright, intense quality to the tone.
“Waiting Here for You” showcases Christy Nockels’ skillful use of belting to convey the passion and emotion of the lyrics. This technique adds intensity to the song and helps create a sense of awe and reverence.
Steps to Learn “Waiting Here for You”
If you’re inspired to learn and sing “Waiting Here for You” yourself, here are some practical steps to guide you:
- Analyze your voice to determine your vocal range and identify any areas of improvement.
- Listen to the original recording of “Waiting Here for You” by Christy Nockels to familiarize yourself with the melody and lyrics.
- Practice pitch exercises to improve your accuracy and develop a strong sense of pitch.
- Work on breath support techniques to ensure you have enough air to sustain belted notes.
- Warm up your voice with vocal exercises that focus on range and agility.
- Use the Vocal Pitch Monitor tool to visualize your sung notes and ensure you’re hitting the right pitches.
- Once you feel comfortable with the song, practice performing it with emotion and authenticity.
To further enhance your singing skills and explore more vocal techniques, here are some relevant resources from Singing Carrots:
- How to analyze your voice
- Voice types
- Breathing basics
- Voice registers & vocal break
- Pitch Training – Educational Singing Game
- Educational singing course
Remember, learning a song is a journey. Take your time, practice regularly, and enjoy the process. Happy singing!