How to Learn Singing “We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off” by Ella Eyre
Learning to sing a particular song can be an exciting and rewarding experience. In this article, we’ll explore how to learn singing “We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off” by Ella Eyre. This popular song showcases unique vocal techniques and offers valuable opportunities for practice and growth. Let’s dive in!
Understanding the Song
Before delving into the vocal techniques and learning process, it’s important to understand the song itself. “We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off” is a catchy pop track originally performed by Jermaine Stewart in 1986, but Ella Eyre’s rendition has gained significant popularity. It features a vibrant and energetic melody that highlights the singer’s vocal range and control.
Unique Vocal Technique: Twang
One vocal technique that stands out in this song is the use of twang. Twang is a resonance adjustment that adds brightness and clarity to your voice. It helps make the vocals sound more energetic and powerful, which perfectly suits the uplifting nature of “We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off.”
Practical Steps to Learn the Song
- Analyze your voice: Start by understanding your vocal range and identifying any areas you may need to work on. Singing Carrots’ Vocal Range Test can be extremely helpful in this process.
- Determine your voice type: Knowing your voice type can guide you in adapting the song to your vocal range and finding the right key. You can learn more about voice types here.
- Pitch Training: Work on pitch accuracy using the Singing Carrots’ Pitch Accuracy Test and the Vocal Pitch Monitor to visually track your sung notes. You can find more information on pitch training here.
- Study Jermaine Stewart’s version: Listening to the original version can provide insight into the song’s style and interpretation. You can find more about Jermaine Stewart’s version here.
- Pitch Training Exercises: Use Singing Carrots’ Pitch Training resources to work on your pitch and voice control. These exercises will help you develop the twang technique required for this song. You can find them here.
- Effective song learning: Utilize Singing Carrots’ tips for learning songs effectively, including breaking down the lyrics, understanding the song structure, and practicing different sections separately. Read the full article on effective song learning here.
- Find songs matching your vocal range: Singing Carrots’ song search tool can help you discover other songs that fit your vocal range and style preferences. You can access it here.
Other Popular Songs Using Similar Vocal Technique
The twang technique used in “We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off” is also common in other popular songs. Some examples include:
- “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
- “Raise Your Glass” by Pink
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Your Vocal Journey Starts Here
Learning and mastering a song like “We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off” is a wonderful way to grow as a singer. Remember to take advantage of the resources Singing Carrots offers, from vocal range tests to pitch training exercises. Each step will bring you closer to achieving your singing goals. So, embrace the twang technique, practice with dedication, and enjoy the journey!